With travel we mean travelling during holidays, not everyday transportation (for which the rules are included in the Transportation category). We make a distinction between private and work-related travel.
Private travel rules:
- We do not use a plane or the car for holidays.
- We try to find sustainable accomodation.
Sustainable includes campings or B&Bs or ho(s)tels that are actively pursuing sustainability (e.g. by providing organic food, trying to save energy or applying some form of compensation).
- We try to prepare our meals ourselves as much as possible.
This includes bringing water, making our own lunch (e.g. by bringing a lunch box or by buying ingredients for a picknick) and dinner (e.g. by cooking dinner on a camping or in a hostel kitchen). If we really have no other option but eating/drinking out, we try to order organic, seasonal and locally produced products (cf. the rule of not going out for food & drinks).
Work-related travel rules:
- We try to arrange travel by train instead of by plane if budget and time allow (and companioning colleagues agree).
It is difficult to make a more specific rule than this. For each occasion, we will have to consider pros and cons of several travel options.
- We will take an effort to find sustainable accomodation ourselves and suggest the company’s travel agency to book that accomodation (if budget allows).
Sustainable includes B&Bs or ho(s)tels that are actively pursuing sustainability (e.g. by providing organic food, trying to save energy or applying some form of compensation).
To the other categories:
Back to Our rules
Back to Blog