We already try to use as little energy as possible. The rules:
- We only use the heating when we are at home.
- We only heat rooms that we are in.
- We heat up to 18°.
- We don’t use hot water unless we really need it.
We need hot water e.g. for doing the dishes and cleaning, but not for washing our hands.
- We don’t waste water.
E.g. if we need hot water, we use the cold water coming out first to fill the water boiler, coffee machine or watering can.
- We switch off devices when we do not use them.
Communication devices (like (mobile) phones are an exception to this rule).
- We do not leave devices in stand by mode, but switch them off completely.
- We take (charging) adapters out of the electricity sockets when not in use.
- We replace light bulbs by energy saving light bulbs.
- We use rechargeable batteries when that is more energy efficient.
To the other categories:
Back to Our rules
Back to Blog